Making the Move to VoIP: What to Expect
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) has been around for decades. Rather than using old-fashioned analog phone lines, which transmit signals through copper cables that were laid all over the country more than a century ago, a VoIP system transmits phone and data signals through a hotel’s broadband internet connection.
As businesses move away from traditional phone systems, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is becoming increasingly popular in the hospitality industry. Hotels are now investing in Phonesuite Voiceware VoIP technology to provide guests with a modern experience. Making the move to VoIP can be intimidating but when done right, it can bring huge benefits to a hotel. When making the switch to VoIP, it’s important to understand what you can expect. This article will provide information on how VoIP works and the benefits of utilizing this technology in your hospitality business.
VoIP is a technology that uses the internet to make phone calls instead of traditional phone lines. It enables businesses to use their internet connection to make calls, eliminating the need for a traditional phone system.
With VoIP, your hotel can provide guests with an enhanced experience, including features such as:
Automated attendant functionality – VoIP provides automated attendants who will greet callers and direct them to the right extension or department.
Call forwarding – VoIP systems allow calls to be forwarded to any other phone in the hotel, minimizing wait times for guests.
Voicemail services – VoIP systems provide voicemail services that allow guests to leave messages for hotel staff when they are away from the phone. Making the switch to a VoIP system can bring many benefits.
The advantages are substantial. VoIP is almost always less expensive on a monthly basis, especially for hotels that make a lot of overseas calls or faxes. It’s much more flexible, allowing hotels to add, remove, change, and move numbers on a whim. And it allows for much more technological advancement — you can set up video conferencing, group calls, remote check-in, call forwarding, and compliance with any new laws through a software interface rather than needing a costly overhaul.
If you’re thinking about upgrading your phone system to the 21st century, Phonesuite can help! We’ll tour your hotel, assess your needs, and design a custom system that’s exactly tailored for your communication requirements. Here’s how the process goes.
On-Premise or Hosted
You’ll have to decide whether you’re more interested in a Hybrid (On-Premise-based) or Hosted (Cloud-based) virtual phone service. In either case, a Managed VOICE solution is much like cloud computing or a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering, where Phonesuite manages all your phone hardware and software to keep you up to date.
The Engineering and Deployment Process
Your communications system is absolutely vital to your business, so we don’t want to interrupt service any more than we have to. That’s why all of our installations are performed by factory-trained technicians, and all of our QA, call center, and remote monitoring services are handled internally.
We have carefully designed a six-stage process for assessing and deploying a Phonesuite system, containing more than a hundred individual tasks and overseen by one of our own Project Managers to ensure a smooth installation.
- Information Gathering: we’ll work with you, the customer, to identify your goals and needs, then decide what type of Phonesuite system will be best for you.
- Design: our engineers will review the network, telephony, and infrastructure requirements to make sure that we can easily integrate our Managed VOICE platform into your existing system without compromising on your communications needs.
- Pre-installation: a Lead Sales Account Manager will be your liaison between Phonesuite and your hotel, while our deployment team will answer any concerns you may have about the installation process. We’ll schedule a meeting to explain the installation process so you know exactly what to expect.
- Onsite Deployment: a project manager, lead onsite engineer, remote tier 3 engineer, and local factory-trained techs will install any hardware that your system requires.
- QA and Testing: we’ll test every feature and functionality of your new Phonesuite system, making test calls and running through a checklist with onsite hotel staff. We’ll also conduct training to familiarize your staff with the features and functionality of the new system, including general operation, the browser console, the configurator, and reporting.
- Support: after the installation, our support system includes:
- 24/7 Proactive Monitoring and Factory-Maintained Call Center.
- Lifetime “No Questions Asked” Warranty on all Phonesuite manufacture equipment.
- Upgrades on all Phonesuite manufactured hardware and software.
- Free Move, Adds, and Changes (MAC) configuration changes
- Free daily encrypted backups for “peace of mind” disaster recovery
- Rapid Call Center and Onsite Response
Talk to Phonesuite Today
That’s all there is to it! When we’re finished, you’ll have a brand new phone system with endless configurations, a low CAPEX investment, a very reasonable monthly expense, and 24/7 monitoring and support in case anything goes wrong.
If you’re ready to take the next step and bring your hotel’s communications into the 21st century, get in touch with Phonesuite today! We’ll talk about your needs, explain the costs, and give you a sense of the installation process so you know exactly what to expect.