Hotel VoIP Systems Come Down to Simplicity and Control
Decisions concerning the operation of your hotel are not to be taken lightly, and the decision to upgrade your communications system is certainly no exception. However, the benefits of switching to a VoIP system make it a simple decision. A VoIP system in your hotel will allow you to provide your employees and guests with a more robust communications solution that will last you for years to come.
With many hotels making the switch to VoIP, you may be wondering what the key benefits of this transition are. Besides the cost savings that often attract hoteliers to VoIP, the true benefits are simplicity and control.
Simplicity for the User
- Familiar functionalities: Rather than introduce a guest or employee to a completely new way of doing things, VoIP phones offer the same functions in terms of making/receiving calls and menu choices. This means that employees will have an easier time adapting to the new system, and their work won’t suffer.
- Simple integration: A complicated system often creates a need for endless wiring and added equipment. Since a hotel’s VoIP system runs in the cloud, ethernet cabling is all that’s needed to connect the phones for the hotel’s communications infrastructure.
Control for the Hotel
The control offered by a VoIP system is the other key benefit for hoteliers. A VoIP communications system offers this increased control in several ways:
- Reduction in training time: The simplicity of a VoIP system means a reduction in training time for your employees. The graphical and intuitive nature of the interfaces is easy to learn and provides more control in delivering information to those who need it most.
- System management: With the status options available for VoIP — from Find Me/Follow Me to Do Not Disturb — the front desk and hotel administration have the ability to address guest concerns and provide greater service to them.
- PMS integration: Your hotel’s Property Management System is the central hub for check-in and check-out, reservations, room availability, guest profiles, and much more. Integrating VoIP with your PMS allows for more control over the basic (and not-so-basic) functionalities of your hotel.
Once you realize that the benefits of your hotel VoIP phone system break down to simplicity and control, it’s easier to understand why many hoteliers have updated their communications to a VoIP system. If you’re considering an upgrade, the professionals at Phonesuite can help. Give us a call and we’ll get you started.